23/04/2012

Bamboo Gardens, Besant Nagar





I have been requested repeatedly by my friends, to do a post on some of the cheaper restaurants in town, so I made a conscious effort to visit one. I went for a late dinner with my friends to Bamboo Gardens. As we entered the place, I was hoping that the food was good, as the place did not look really great. We were the only people to be seated. We sat down beside the TV and placed our order.

One of my friends, was very keen on having a soup to start the dinner, so we asked the waiter for his suggestion. He suggested Manchow Chicken soup. I did not get to taste it, so I am not going to comment on it. Then came in the array of starters. The Chicken Momos tasted good, but I felt the rice paper cover was a bit thick. Then we had gone in for Thaipai chicken, I have never had it in any other place. The chicken was tasty, with a nice crispy coating on the outside. Then we had a half portion of grilled chicken, which I felt was okay. Both Chicken Tikka Wrap and Reshmi Kebab Wrap were average. Felt that the roti which was used for the wrap was a tad under cooked.  But the combination of Chicken Fried Rice and Chicken Manchurian tasted really yummy

Meal for 3 costs Rs 1100/-, which I feel is good value considering that we ate like a pig!!!

Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 6/10
Price - 7/10

Bamboo Gardens is located opposite Besant Nagar Beach, next to Murugan Idly Shop.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment