On the Rocks - 10th Anniversary, Crowne Plaza, Alwarpet, Chennai


Recently I was at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Alwarpet for the 10th Anniversary of, On the Rocks. 10 years is quite some time. I must say they have continued to wow the customers since launch. With the mark of 10 years, the team has decided to reinvent the menu with a mix of the old and the new. Holding 30% of customer favorites and re-writing the menu books with the rest of the 70%. On the Rocks' food, has always held a favorite place in my heart.

We started the meal with the ever familiar On The Rocks (OTR) special Garlic Bread served in cast iron bowl. The Garlic infusion into the bread is done in front of your eyes and it tastes as good as it looks.

For Starters we were served Smoked Duck Salad which was just brilliant. The kicker to the dish was the slices of oranges which cuts the monotony of the veggies.

To cleanse and refresh my taste buds I had the Orange & Green Chilli with Chia Seeds Mocktail. The green chilli brought in a late spicy twist to the orange drink while the chia seeds added texture.

Next was one of OTR specials which was the Baked Camembert with Honey & Garlic reduction. I am pretty sure I can have two or three of these. They are so dash good! Also it is a simple dish which you can make at home.

Next to be served was Chicken & Cheese Involtini which was morsels of mozzarella tucked inside chicken and served with diced tomato. It was fantastic.

Following this great dish we had the Pumpkin Ravioli. I simply loved it. It had a delicate pumpkin flavor which was the real differentiator from the regular cheese stuffing I am used to.

For the actual mains we had the option of choosing between Chicken Leg with baked potato, Eggplant Parmesan with Spaghetti and John Dory Fish Fillet with Spinach. I chose to go with the chicken leg while others  tried the other two. I got to sample the others' selection though and I would say the chicken leg was the winner. I would highly recommend this dish to people who dine here. The baked potato was so delicate and well cooked. It does not have any mushiness and it adds carb value to a protein dish.

We finished off with two stunning dessert dishes, The Hazelnut Crunch & Blueberry with White Chocolate Semifreddo. My pick of two was the Hazelnut Crunch as I am a sucker for anything dark and hazelnut.

All in all the dinner was a smasher! Dish after dish was a home run.  The chefs have worked really hard to create a new menu which is a blend of the old and the new.

The restaurant has maintained the pristine flair abiet minor changes.

Price :
A meal for two cost upward of Rs 5000/-

Disclaimer : Invited Review

On The Rocks is located inside the Crowne Plaza, Alwarpet. Crowne Plaza was previously known as The Adyar Park Sheraton.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service, and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

**Want instant reviews, follow me on Instagram!!