02/04/2012

Texas Fiesta, Shaffee Mohammed Road








Tex-Mex is a combination of Texan and Mexican food. Finding proper Tex-Mex cuisine in chennai is  really hard. I feel that Texas Fiesta does not serve pucca Tex-Mex. I am heading here, after quite sometime, maybe over a year or two. Was hoping that the food had changed from inspired Tex-Mex to authentic Tex-Mex.

We placed our order. I picked the Chicken Fajita and my friends ordered a Grilled Chicken Breast, Cheese and Onions Quesadilla and Chilli Beans Burrito. I had a taste of the Grilled Chicken Breast, the meat was nice and tender with the mild BBQ taste to it. But I felt the chicken portion was way too small for the dish, the mash potatoes were nice and creamy. Coming to my Grilled Chicken Fajita, it tasted nice but not Tex-Mex nice. It was very Indianised, sour cream on the salad tasted like curd, the mexican rice was more like tomato rice and the grilled chicken was definitely grilled but I thought this dish said it was double spicy with two chilli's on it, I just could not get any spiciness from the dish. My friend who had the burrito also felt the same about the filling. She kept saying it was very Indianised. I did not get to have the two vegetarian dishes, so my opinion is restricted to the non-vegetarian dishes. I felt the food was nice, but not authentic.

Food - 6/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Price - 7/10

Texas Fiesta is located on Shaffee Mohammed Road, above the Cafe Coffee Day.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment