27/05/2015

Dine @ Escape, Express Avenue, Royapettah


Looks like my blog had become a Pondicherry food guide after my visit there. Stepping back to the hometown, this is about my venture into dining at the DINE  in Express Avenue, after doing a couple of hours of window shopping.


Food:
It was just me and my mum, and my mum wanted to try the soup of the day. The soup of the day was Sweet Corn Chicken Soup which we had as 1 by 2 portion which was quite decent. Good quantity of morsels of chicken in clear soup. For the main course I had chosen the combo which comprised of Chicken Fried Rice, Dragon Chicken and a glass of Coke, while my mom had the Roast Chicken Lasagne.





The fried rice and chicken were quite good and punched much higher than my expectations. Decent quantity and delicious. The Chicken Lasagne was exquisite. If one is looking for a very tasty lasagne in a place which has a very good ambiance without blowing a big hole in the pocket, look no further. Lasagne was loaded with chicken pieces and the sauce was creamy. Craving for a lasagne look no further. Even my mom was quite impressed with the lasagne.

Ambiance:
Quite contemporary and you do get the feeling of dinning in a fine dine restaurant.

Service:
This was simply superb. Only one man manning the restaurant. But the way he conducted himself really sets the standards. Helping my mom to get seated first then, poring the water 1st to my mom and in so many other ways he impressed me. Something which you only see 5star restaurants and also in some other fine dine standalone restaurants. Totally impressed.

Price:
This meal for two cost us Rs 770/- No service charge was present so we decided to tip him.

Food - 8/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Service - 9/10
Price - 8/10

Disclaimer : I paid for the meal.

PS: Photos clicked using Samsung A5 and not my DSLR.

Dine is located inside the Movie Theater Escape at Express Avenue, Royapettah.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment