27/08/2015

Lebanese Flower, Khalidiyah Mall, Abu Dhabi


Before my visit to Abu Dhabi I done loads of homework on the eat out spots. Star recommendation on Lonely Planet page was the Lebanese Flower restaurants in Abu Dhabi. So expectations were running high when I ventured a visit here.



Food:
Something interesting which I had found was, you would be required to order only the side dishes here while the the Kubus is served on the table free of cost. Also the gorgeous looking bowl of salads was served for free!!! Surprise surprise... I hope some Arabian cuisine restaurant back home emulates this model. Anyway, coming to what we had:



We ordered a portion of Hummus and Moutabbal to go with Shish Tawouk, Half portion of Grilled Chicken and a portion of Chicken Liver. Both Shish Tawouk and Grilled Chicken came with a portion of French Fries and were served on a bed of toasted Kubus. I wonder how the French Fries had become an Arabian food! Nevertheless, the crispy fries were yummy and went well with the garlic paste.



My standout dish was the Chicken Liver. Kubus with Hummus and a dash of garlic sauce with small portions of Liver was simply amazing. The lemon played a major role in bringing out the wonderful flavours of the liver. Must try, for chicken liver lovers. The Grilled Chicken was comparable to the ones I have had back home, so was not wowed by it. Shish Tawouk was on slightly the spicy side when compared to the one I had at Il podio. I really wanted to have their Shawarma, but I was unlucky as they had run out of Shawarmas for the day.

Ambiance:
Simple dining comparable to the ambiance at Zaitoon or Sea Shells back home in Chennai.

Service:
No complaints here.

Price:
The meal here set us back by 100 AED.

Food - 7.5/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Price - 8/10

Disclaimer : We paid for the meal.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment