01/03/2014

The Koala Joe's Cafe, Mylapore


One of the most recently opened cafe in Chennai is the Koala Joe's Cafe. It promises to bring in the true Austrailian experience. So this was the call I was waiting for. I had looked up for the location on Google Maps and it showed somewhere near the Marina Beach. After a couple of rounds in the area, I called up the cafe and found the correct location which was behind the Nilgiris on Radhakrishnan Salai right next to Illusions Pub.



Food:
On entering the restaurant, the first thing which brought down the expectations was the decor and the next was the empty counter. But then the cheerful person behind the counter welcomed us and assured that most items on the menu was available apart from the Quiches. We had a look at the menu, the sandwiches were priced at Rs 160 odd which we did not mind and went about ordering. 



I ordered a Banger Sanger and a Cafe Latte while my friend who had accompanied me ordered a Grilled Chook Sammie and Hot Chocolate. The Banger Sanger and Grilled Chook Sammie were the first to arrive. One bite into our sandwiches was just enough to redeem the place of all our hasty presumptions which we had in our mind. I did not sample my friends sandwich but he assured me it was rocking. My Banger Sanger was simply devine, it was like A R Rahmans melody in my mouth. It reminded me of the sandwich at La Boulangerie. The Latte was a regular affair nothing special  and I would rate it on the same scale as CCD.


Ambiance:
The place can seat at a max 12 people and it lacks parking facility. But you are blessed with a nice residential neighborhood so finding a parking space may not be difficult. The interiors most definitley could have been worked on. With really delicious food comes the responsibility to sprue up the ambiance. I really do hope they do some work on this front.

Service:
With only a single person maning the entire operations, I feel it is a bold move. With so many corporate offices near by, I have a feeling this could turn out to be a regular hangout joint.

Price:
The pricing front is the biggest USP for this cafe. This meal costed us Rs 485/- I would most definitely would love to return here for the lovely sandwich.

Food - 8/10
Ambiance - 5/10
Service- 7/10
Price - 9/10

The Koala Joe's Cafe is located in the road between Nilgiris and Indian Oil Bunk on Radhakrishnan Salai, right next to Illusions Pub.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment