17/06/2014

Munch Cafe, Kilpauk - A CFG Showcase


"Coffee saaptigalanaa?? Tiffin saaptigalanaa??" A famous movie dialogue runs in my mind the moment I come to hear about a new coffee shop in Chennai. Looks like Chennai is catching up to the Barista culture. Loads of coffee shops are opening up, from standalone new ventures to big giant enterprises. I was at one such new venture recently for a meet. Munch Cafe! An unassuming cozy coffee shop located inside the DLF building in Kilpauk. It is the heroine of this tale.





Food:
I have always imagined and wished a coffee shop brings in dishes which one would see in an English sitcoms. I don't mean the regular Sandwiches and Pastas, but different items. This is the first cafe I have come across in Chennai, to serve Churro. Just like the ones Joey had in Friends! The churro was served with a drizzle of caramel sauce and chocolate sauce on the side. I would most definitely return just for these.






They serve a variety of shakes and their Lindt Chocolate shakes are to die for. I had the Cafe Latte. A true latte lover in me wanted to sample em! The brew was perfecto! They serve up some delicious sandwiches as well, if your in the mood for a quick bite. If you were to order one, I would truly recommend the brown bread sandwich over the regular ones.




They have a big block of a chocolate cake which resembles the tiny cake at Sandy's and a tasty Waffle. A small talk with owner gives me an idea of what is in store for the future. I had a small idea which I passed it along to the owner who seemed to be on the same page as me. A savoury waffle such as Waffle burger! :P Yes that would be different.

Ambiance:
Cozy and neat ambiance!

Price:
The price points here is very reasonable. Infact seeing the price of Lindt Chocolate shake I was shocked that I had paid a similar amount at another cafe in 2008. It should cost around Rs 300/- for two.

Munch Cafe is located inside the DLF building diagonally opposite to Apollo First Med, Kilpauk.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment