01/06/2014

Ox & Tomatoes, Harrington Road


Ox & Tomatoes had opened its second outlet on Harrington Road and I have been dying to dine here. But whenever I tried persuading my friends, it had never materialised. Am I the only one who loves New York Style Pizzas? I sure hope not. It is located on Harrignton Road, which is sort of becoming the next KNK Road of Chennai with atleast 20 restaurants / cafe available as of now.

Food:
Simple and small set menu has been a part of Ox & Tomatoes experience. Since it was just me and my friend out for lunch, we decided to get one pizza each and as we were both really hungry, a Fish & Chips as starter as well.To wash them down, we picked a Lime Mint Cooler and a Lime Soda.


The drinks were the first to be served. Very refreshing. I was too hungry to find faults with my drink. And about 5 minutes later our Fish and Chips arrived. If you are just two people, then one portion would be fine. Incase you had more than two people dining I would suggest you order an extra portion as it contains just two portions of fish with six pieces of potato wedges. Aside from the portions, the fish and chips was an absolute delight. Infused with herbs, fried to perfection, the way I always like.


While we were getting done with our starters the Pizzas were out. Since I have had the Roma, many a time, I decided to allow my friend to pick that and I went with Chicken Hawaiian. Roma which is a Roasted Chicken, Tomato and Mozzerlla Pizza while mine the Hawaiian was a Chicken substituted for Ham, Pineapple and Mozzerlla Pizza. I was expecting smaller pieces of Pineapple on my pizza in lines with the Hawaiian Pizzas from Pizza Deli. This had major big chunks making it taste like a sweet dish. The Roma on the other hand had all the ingredients but lacked  depth of flavour which I was used to at the Alwarpet outlet.

Finally after gobbling down the two pizzas we ordered a Triple Chocolate Mousse and decided to split it between us. It was an absolute delight.

Ambiance:
Finding cheap metal chair as a part of the decor can throw you off. Trying to go too rustic and contemporary, the balance seems to have lost out. I agree simple furnitures look great, but this was taking it too far.

Service:
Service was spot on. No worries here.

Price:
The price point remains the same. This entire meal cost us Rs1300/-

Food - 6.5/10
Ambiance - 5/10
Service - 9/10
Price - 8/10

Ox & Tomatoes is located in Harrington Road opposite to Kailash Parbat.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment