26/09/2012

Puff @ R.K. Beeda Center, Anna Nagar


On a rainy day in Chennai, when I was on my way home from college, I decided to stop  for a few minutes since the rain was a killer. I searched high and low for a place with no trees around to park the car,  as I had seen a few trees fallen on top of cars.  After searching for a bit in Anna Nagar, I found such an open spot  opposite to Titan watch showroom. As I parked the vehicle, I saw this shop which looked more like a Fag Shop. But it had a name board which read: R.K. Beeda Center.

Since it was raining, I decided to head to the shop and have a hot Chai. But to my bad luck, the power was down in that area, so his Chai vending machine was down too. Just as I wondered what to do next, I saw rack of Puffs. I asked the person on the other side of the counter to get me a puff. He asked me, which one did I want,  the Plain Puff or Vegetable Puff or the Cheese Puff? As he said Cheese Puff, it started ringing some bells in my head. So I asked him for a Cheese Puff and I waited as a Passive Smoker, as people around me were burning their money away.

After a quick cut here and a quick slash there on the Puff, I was given my Puff. One bite of it and I realized that this was more like a Bhel Puri topped with Cheese put inside a puff. I felt it was very innovative use of puffed rice and sev in a puff. Coming to think of it, its a Puff inside a Puff :P. And I just loved it.

The Cheese Puff is definitely worth a try if you do not mind walking up to a shop filled with people puffing smoke. Priced at Rs 10/- for a puff its well worth a try.

Food - 7.5/10
Ambiance - If a group of people smoking can be counted as Ambiance then you have a very good one.
Service - NA
Price - 8/10

R.K.Beeda Center is located in a lane diagonally opposite to Mc Rennet Bakery

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment