13/07/2012

Kannappa Chettinadu, Trichy


On my recent voyage down south, I had a chance to dine at Trichy's Kannappa Chettinadu restaurant, located in the ground floor of Hotel Grand Gardenia. It looks posh and expensive from the outside with  good car parking facility. One look at the menu and the prices, all thoughts of it being an expensive place vanished from my mind. The company of friends to agreed on it.

We walked in around 10:30pm. The restaurant was almost empty, so there was no trouble in getting a seat. After getting seated, we placed the order quickly as we were very hungry. Most of us ordered a  Mutton Biryani. Unfortunately for us only 3 plates of Mutton Briyani were available. So the others picked Chicken Biryani and some others Dosa and various other dishes. I restricted myself into sampling the Mutton Biryani, Chicken Noodles, Dosa and the Ceylon Egg Parotta.

Mutton Biryani was a typical Chettinadu affair. Not a very authentic biryani. But the biryani was good in its own way. It was mildly spicy. The mutton pieces were wholesome and the rice was full flavored. I loved the taste of it. A different take on a regular biryani with a chettinadu twist. In between eating the Biryani, I ordered for a Ceylon Egg Parotta. On reaching my plate it vanished. I did not even have the time to click it. Everyone around me was super hungry and they started giving me the stares when I took my camera out to click them. The Ceylon Egg Parotta was just decent.

I also tried my hand at having the Chicken noodles with the Chilli Chicken. The noodles was soft even though it was a little cold. The chilli chicken complimented the noodles. It was a lovely meal  to enjoy in the company of 20 close friends.

The meal put us back by Rs 4000/-. But it was for 20 people. Considering the crowd and everyone who had the main course, its terrific value for money.

Food - 7.5/10
Service - 7.5/10
Ambinace - 7.5/10
Price - 8/10

Kannappa Chettinadu Restaurant is located inside Hotel Grand Gardenia at Mannapuram Junction, Trichy.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in the quality and quantity of the food and service and their staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.


No comments:

Post a Comment