08/07/2012

Bliss Chocolate Lounge, Bangalore


Weather at Chennai is usually hot, hotter and hottest. The same cannot be said about its counter part in Karnataka. It is really difficult to find a sultry day in Bangalore. On my recent visit to Bangalore I had big time cake craving. So while roaming around in Forum Mall at Koramangala, I came across this place Bliss Chocolate Lounge.

It was located next to the escalator, and it looked fancy with nice dim lighting. So I sauntered in and ordered a cake named  'Coral of the Ocean'.The cake looked blissfully beautiful. On some occasions a beautiful product does not necessarily translate into a tasty product.

The cake had nice sweet outer hard chocolate. The chocolate was the way I liked. The cake as such was drizzled with white chocolate flakes and filled with white chocolate & dark chocolate cream with an almond dacquoise between the layers of cake. The first few bites were blissful, even though I felt it was little too sweet. By the time I consumed half the cake, the sweetness of the cake started to get to me. I found it hard to finish the cake. I guess the piece of cake is made for two people. By the time I was done with it, I wanted to wash down the sweet taste with something very spicy.

This single slice of cake is priced at Rs 150/-. Which is pretty expensive. I cannot really comment on the quality of the other cakes here. The pricing of the cakes are pretty steep. A single slice of Black forest cake is Rs 130/-. They do have a variety of chocolates as well, which look really beautiful.

Food - 6.5/10
Service - 7/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Price - 6.5/10

Bliss Chocolate Lounge is located in the ground floor of Forum Mall, Koramangala. They do have branches in other malls in Bangalore.

If you what you are reading, Please share it with others.

* A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in the quality and quantity of the food and service and their staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment