22/01/2019

The Reef, Sheraton Grand, ECR, Chennai


It has been over a year since I had updated the blog. With lot of work going into my pet project, I was unable to post anything. I was kind of active on Instagram with photo reviews.

I had recently taken a short break from work. I got to dine at The Reef at Sheraton Grand. I will try and summarize the entire experience.


Food:
For people who have become like me, impatient to read through the entire blog, the verdict is Simply Sensational.

We had gone for the dinner buffet on Pongal. The Reef was not hosting any special menu on the occasion. So my impressions are based on the regular affair served here.


We started with the soup which was a Thai Chicken Soup. One Sip of it and I was blown away by the taste. It was delicate and well balanced.




Buffet also had Veg Cream Soup which I did not get to taste. The buffet spread was quite extensive with a Selection of Salads, Make Your Own Salad, Assorted Breads with Cheese and also Live Counter for Chaat items, Pasta and Pizza.

The spread had a good mix of Indian dishes and Continental items. Paneer to Lamb Shank to Dals to Wok Tossed Noodles.




The Dessert spread was another highlight. Comprising of Indian Sweets to Cakes to Ice Creams to Brownies. All in all, loved the entire spread. One the best buffets I have had in a long time, with each and every dish being tasty. Some may not like certain dishes but my palate seemed to love em.

Ambiance:
The Reef is nestled in the spanking new property of Sheraton Grand on ECR. The property is Grand and befitting of the word GRAND.

Service:
Full marks here. We loved the service.

Price:
The buffet for a person is priced 1600 plus taxes. But if you have AMEX card you can knock 20% off the Bill thanks to AMEX alliance with SPG and Marriot group. So we ended up paying 2550/- for the two of us.

Would I visit again, 100% I will.

Food -  9 /10
Ambiance - 10 /10
Service - 10 /10
Price - 10/ 10

Disclaimer - I paid for the meal.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service, and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.


**Want instant reviews, follow me on Instagram!!

No comments:

Post a Comment