07/03/2016

Batlivala & Khanabhoy, Alwarpet, Chennai



I was at Batlivala & Khanabhoy recently, the latest entrant into Chennai's ever growing food scene. Yes! the restaurant adds another feather to Chennai's Hat - A standalone Parsi restaurant. This is a type of food I have never had. So I was really curious to find out what actually constituted Parsi Cuisine.




Food
Since it was just Mr. Food in Chennai and myself, both voracious eaters we went about ordering stuff at random. We started the proceedings with Lollypop Na Farcha which was crispy batter fried chicken. This was followed by Kheema Kebabs - juicy succulent kheema balls served with pieces of lime was simply sensational.



Moving forward we had the Kheema Pav, which was essentially Pav Bhaji in which the vegetable masala is replaced with lip-smacking Kheema masala. An absolute must have. I loved it so much that I contemplated whipping it up at home. Next up we had Chicken Maivala. This dish had me confused. It was a mix of dried fruits and bechamel sauce. I am not able to state if I had liked the dish or not. Maybe it is more of an acquired taste.



We finished our meal with Kopra Pak Shots and Santra Na Kheer. Kopra Pak Shots was a rich coconut milk with heavy loads of ghee and rose flavouring served in a fancy looking chai vaala shot glass, while the Santra Na Kheer was rich Kheer with orange beads. Both heavenly in their own rights.

Ambiance:
Simple decor dominated by a couple of fine rustic name boards.

Service:
Service was kind of slow, but the attention to detail was simply fantastic. The way the food was served was the best I have experienced so far.

Price:
This meal cost us Rs 1500 /-

Food - 8/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Service - 10/10
Price - 8/10

PS: The photos were shot using Samsung S6

Disclaimer : I paid for the meal.

Batlivala & Khanabhoy is located in Maharaj Surya Road which is the same road as Tangerine.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.


**Want instant reviews follow me on Instagram!!

No comments:

Post a Comment