26/06/2015

Galouti King, Harrington Road


I am a sucker for Galouti Kebabs. If a restaurant has it on the menu, then I need to sample it. Such is my love for Galouti Kebab! I had recently come across a post on a social media forum about Galouti King located in Harrington Road. The description went on to say a lot about it. Light Bulb!!! I just had to relish it.



Food:
They have a fairly small menu, in which chicken and mutton Galouti in both Mumbo and Jumbo sizes were included. Since Mutton Galouti is the true one between the two, I went with it. As I like super size, I picked the Jumbo one as a take away. 5 mintues flat the Galouti Kebab was ready as a wrap and ready to go. Zoooom!!! I reached home took a few clicks. Wrap was quite warm even after I was done clicking the pictures.


Now about the Galouti itself,  I was disappointed! The good news ends with the aroma and the size. Bad bits start off with the Saffron Roti which was thick and mildly chewy. Next I was expecting the meat to melt in my mouth which it did not and it needed a little muscle work. Finally I wanted the wrap to be juicy which definitely was not. Maybe a dash of chutney will help this cause. But the meat being hard cannot pass off as a Galouti as it kills the essence. Call it a Katti Roll!!!



I would like to give the benefit of the doubt to them as I had a take away . I wish to see how it fares in a dine. But I am still skeptical as my commute plus  taking photos would not have crossed 15 mins at the max.

Ambiance:
NA

Service:
Quite quick and Friendly!!

Price:
I paid Rs 300/- for two Jumbo sized Mutton Galouti Wraps. For the price the size was quite substantial but definitely need to improve on the quality.

Food - 5.5/10
Ambiance - NA
Service - 8/10
Price - 7/10 ( based only on the size and not on the taste)

Disclaimer : I paid for the meal.

Galouti King is located inside Cuckoo Club Diner on Harrington Road which is next doors to Costa Coffee.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment