16/02/2014

Entree, Hotel E, Whites Road


I had received an invite recently from Entree inviting me to dine at the restaurant. For a proper non-vegetarian, dining at a veg restaurant can always be difficult. There have been times that, I have made it a point to have a piece of chicken to wash off the veg flavor. Since I have many veg friends I decided to put myself in their shoes to see how an all veg buffet fares. Entree is located inside the Hotel E. Or should I say inside Express Avenue. The restaurant looks more like a continuation of the lobby. There was a dj playing music and a large crowd dining. I was quite surprised to see the restaurant to be quite packed. 





Food:
The day I had visited, Entree hosted a Chinese food festival. There were many Chinese lanterns hung from the ceiling trying to impart a festival feeling. I am pretty sure that's were the Chinese bit ends. Soup from the buffet was served on the table. It was a clear soup with various veggies in it. The soup tasted bland and required helping from salt and pepper plus spicy ketchup. While I was cleaning up the soup, golden fried baby corn with chili sauce was served. Corn was made crispy thanks to the golden batter around it. Tasty!!!










I did a few rounds around the buffet, I was quite surprised to see risotto, ratatouille and augratine being part of a Chinese food festival. But then I did not mind, I took a few spoonfuls of these. There were some Chinese style mixed vegetable gravy and teppan style cooked veggies and also a Thai style noodles. All pretty decent. Walking around the buffet I also found some mushroom pulao, curd rice which I did not sample. But the paneer gravy and dalmakani was really tempting. I sampled both with some Indian bread. I must say the Dal makani was rich and fabulous. I quite understood the reason for the large North Indian crowd at this point.



Just as I was thinking of venturing to the desserts, the chef offered us fusili pasta in creamy white sauce. I was quite stunned by the difference in flavor from the buffet and the ala carte. I quite understood the fact that the buffet is a buffet and ala carte is something else altogether. The pasta was served with a soft and crispy bread. The combination was quite deadly. Next there was a quesadilla which again was fabulous.




Just as I thought of moving to the dessert from the buffet, the chef surprised me by serving some heavenly delights. A hazelnut tart of sorts, a baked yoghurt with freshly cut fruits and finally a chocolate sampler. The chocolate sampler had 3 different types of chocolates, with dark, regular and hazelnut chocolates. Of the lot my pick was the baked yoghurt which simply was a bite into heaven.

The buffet menu keeps changing so it should be interesting. From the end of the meal I could understand that the restaurant is strong in Indian and Italian cuisines. 

Ambiance:
The ambiance looks like a continuation of the mall, but then again it feels different. I definitely liked the rotating chairs. Very stylish.

Service: 
NA

Price:
The buffet is priced at Rs 600/ head. Which is value for money. But if you are a little picky then have the ala carte. A meal for two should cost Rs 1300.

If Italian and Indian food is what you want here is a fine choice.

Entee is located inside Hotel E. They do have another entrance through the Express Avenue Mall.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment