22/11/2013

Spice Haat, Hyatt Regency, Teynampet



I know I have been away from my blog for a while. Been busy with college work, which has kept me on my toes. This one has been a long pending review of a lunch buffet at Hyatt Regency - Spice Haat. From my previous experience here over a year ago, I knew this buffet was all going to be about the starters and desserts. I just wanted to see if it had changed.




Food:
I skipped the soup, as I had, had a heavy breakfast. I headed straight for the starters.The starters comprised of two non-veg and two veg starter. There was a huge spread of salads plus few a chaat items. Chicken Hariyali Kabab and Fish Tikka for the non-veggies and Tandoori paneer and potato for the veggies. I skipped the potato and helped myself to the Fish Tikka & Hariyali Kebab. Both were very yummy and the paneer was pretty decent.



I just could not let pass  the hummus and pita bread. Hummus was rich and the soft pita bread made the combo heavenly. Moving to the chaat, we had a choice of 3 items, but the one we wanted was the dhai poori. Unfortunate for us, the waiter offered us the other chaat items apart from the dhai poori as the poori had broken down. But we really insisted that we would like to have a chaat item which had some curd to it, Volaa! a mixture of dhai and papadi chaat was presented to us. Yummy!!!! we just couldnt resist it. In-fact we had 4 servings of the same.




I just had a sample of some of the main course which was available. I took a bit a romali roti and sampled the mutton rogan josh and a bit of the grilled chicken from the salads. It was decent, but I was saving up some space for the dessert.



The desserts were just divine. Tiramisu, Mango Mousse, Chocolate Pudding, Raspberry Yoghurt, Black current Mousse, phew the list goes on. I had one each. Now that is called sampling!

The entire buffet has remained unchanged from my last visit, with nice starters, decent main course and finally outstanding desserts.

Ambiance:
The decor has remained the same. Just one grouse though. On this particular day the A/C was a bit off. We found it  hot and sultry through the entire meal.

Service:
The service was fantastic, the waiters were kind and courteous.

Price:
Finally the price for the meal at Rs 1799.- per head might sound a little expensive, but you just cant resist the desserts which are served here.

Food - 7.5/10
Ambiance - 7/10
Service - 8/10
Price - 8/10

Spice Haat is located inside Hyatt Regency on Anna Salai.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places

No comments:

Post a Comment