17/06/2013

Coros, Dona Paula, Goa



I know, I have been away from my blog for a while. Review updates have become slow. Not to worry. I am back! I am going to keep updating my blog henceforth. I was at Goa recently for a small vacation, after an awesome conference in Dharward. I was really excited about Goa. Pulled up the list of shacks which I wanted to dine at. But all that went down the drain since it was off-season. I was a little disappointed with the food expedition not going in my favor. But there seemed a small light at the end of the tunnel and that was this dinner.

Myself along with a couple of batchmates where in search of food at 11pm and we happened to see this restuarant Coros in Dona Paula. It looked really posh from outside. We entered with misgiving, as our pockets were on a diet.





Food:
Since the entire lot of us loved seafood, the main selection of order comprised of seafood, save the Butter Chicken Masala. Seafood lovers all ganged up and we decided to have the Fish and Prawns in Goan Masala and Crisp Calamari. I must say that the three were fabulous. Imagine the peri-peri masala on the fish and prawns cooked to perfection. O WOW!!! My mind seems to race back in time even as I type this.




For the mains, we ordered a Butter Chicken Masala (BCM) to accompany the soft rotis. The BCM was rich perfect and the combo was fit for royalty If this was not enough, we had ordered a mixed seafood risotto. It was a blend of fish, prawns with heavenly cheese to it. The duo was simply outstanding. It was an symphony on the taste buds. We loved it so much that we ordered another portion of it.

Ambiance:
The ambiance here could be compared to Tuscana Pizzaria, but only with the added Spirits to the menu.

Service:
The waiter who served us was really patient and took care of us more like a patient. I wonder if he knew we were Doctors!

Price:
The dinner which knocked us out and which we which we most talk about, cost us Rs 2200/- for five people.

Food - 8.5/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Service - 8.5/10
Price - 7.5/10

Coros is located in Dona Paula by-pass road. Not sure about the location. But I pretty sure people around should be able to direct you.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places

No comments:

Post a Comment