26/03/2013

Kettle, Anna Nagar - CFG Showcase


I wast here at Kettle, Anna Nagar along with the CFG gang for a Chennai Food Guide (CFG) Showcase. I must say, it was great to meet the gang after a very long time. Since my last CFG showcase, there has been many changes in the way we need to put up a review after a showcase. So I shall be abiding by the rules and try to incorporate changes to the method of presentation in the coming posts.


Food:
We kick started the proceedings with Panko Chicken Nuggets. One word for it Great! I am actually a sucker for Panko fried stuff, so I loved it blindly. It may not be to everyones taste. 




Next there was a serving of Scones. I have never had scone before, so my experience is very limited. It was served along with Butter and Jam. Must say loved it! Then came the Mushroom on a Toast and it was decent.


After that came Tomato and Basil Soup. Many found it a tad salty, but not  me. I loved the creamy nature of the soup. It was predominantly tomato with a slight hint of Basil.




The veggies among us were served with Sprout Salad which I skipped happily. For the non-veggies we had  Hawaiian Chicken Salad with Banana Chips. Many complained about the texture of the chips. For me it was just right. The chips in-fact doubled up for a spoon and it was nice and easy to eat the salad.



Lamb Burger, which came next was a real surprise as I did not expect a near perfect burger from a tea shop such as this. Worth it!


Next we were given Mediterranean Egg White Ciabatta Sandwich which lacked flavor. I am not sure if it was supposed to taste like this. But I have had better sandwiches else where. The veggies on the other hand were served with Veg. Lasagnae. It was fantastic. Perfect filling and proper flavor were the bottom-line of the dish.


There was also a pesto paneer sandwich which I had skipped and Roasted Chicken Mayo Sandwich & Curried Pasta which were not to my liking.






There was a variety of deserts too. Of all the deserts served, I found Love for Strawberry Ice Cream, White Chocolate Raspberry Cheese Cake and Tiramisu to be great. Last but not the least the teas, Black Current Iced Tea was fabulous.  In fact I had another glass of the same tea towards the end of the meal. While the White Tea served to me was just okay. It lacked flavor.

Dishes to have:

Panko Chicken Nuggets
Tomato and Basil Soup
Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Lamb Burger
Veg. Lasagnae
Love for Strawberry Ice Cream
White Chocolate Raspberry Cheese Cake

Ambiance:
The tea joint is very up market, with contemporary interiors

Price:
Pricing is in par with most upmarket tea joints. A small snack for two would cost Rs 500/-

Kettle is located in 10th Main Road in Anna Nagar.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places

No comments:

Post a Comment