13/04/2014

Tangerine, Alwarpet - New Intros


Sizzlers in Chennai and Tangerine have become synonomous. If people ask for a good place to dine and have tasty sizzlers, only one suggestion comes to my mind and that is Tangerine. There used to be a point of time in during my undergrad days when I used to frequent Tangerine with friends. Then there small patch of time when the quality took a turn down south. They have fought it back and found their bearing. I was invited  to check out their new additions to their menu sometime recently.



Food:
The meal started off with a stunning Lamb Calzone. The outer covering was sooper crispy which complimented the lip smacking lamb stuffing.It was served with a dash of Mayo. I would most certainly recommend this dish to all. This is most definitely going to be a regular order hence forth. Then we were served with a Crab Bisquie, one of the best I have ever had. Most Crab Bisquie I have had so far have been creamy soup with crab pieces in it. Here the crab's salty sea aroma just raised the experience to a whole new level. We were also served a Chicken and Peas Soup. A simple cream soup which was rich in flavours.



In between the round of soups we were served Chicken Skewers with Peanut Marinade. The chicken was loaded with flavors. It was a like symphony in the mouth. The Peanut marinade was in a different league. The combination did dull the flavor of the chicken. But it is another must order.


Finishing the skewers we moved to the main course. I chose to have my favorite Stuffed Chicken Bruno, which is essentially chicken stuffed with spinach served with jacket potatoes with a cheesy sauce. While others present had the Prawn Condolim which had a influence of Goan cuisine.


We had a serving a Mashed Potatoes in between all this. I must say, It was one of the best.A soft textured delight. As it was really tasty, I began experimenting and having it with a bit of the gravy of the Prawn Condilm. Voila! It was amazing. Do try this combo if you do order the Condolim. Then there was the Roasted Chicken, which was regular Roast Chicken -  no surprises here. Finally a Beef Peruvian! To me a Beef Steak which is cooked well done is a crime. I like medium rare. I have not ventured into the part of it being rare. But this inspite of it being well done, was fabulous. After a heavy round of main course we proceeded to the desserts.



Desserts at Tangerine is usually Death by Chocolate, but for a change we had the Lemon Cheesecake and Strawberry Crumble. Lemon Cheesecake was a usual fair, but the Strawberry Crumble with a dallop of ice cream was just out of the world. A new favourite of mine. 

Ambiance:
It remains the same even after years and I most definitely love the concept of candle light dinner on Fridays.

Price:
As I had mentioned in my previous post about tangerine a meal for two should cost Rs 1500/- odd.

Food - 8/10
Ambiance - 7.5/10
Price - 8/10

Tangerine is located in Murrays Gate Road which is the road parallel to Eldams Road.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment