15/08/2014

Basil with a Twist, T Nagar



I think I have lost track of the amount new restaurants opened in Chennai this year. Seems like the city has found a new favorite cuisine "European". Located on Habibullah Road far away from the food streets of city, created by 2 masters is -  Basil. There is a saying that too many cooks spoil the broth. But there is always an exception. I was here for a quick lunch with my friends on Friendship Day.

Food:
As I was the first to arrive and my good friends made me wait over an hour, I felt terrible to sit and just look into my phone. To avoid the looks of the waiters I ordered a Focaccia with Cheese Sauce. It was a stunner. I loved it so much I gorged on atleast 3 of the 6 pieces in them. The flavour was out of the world.




While I was waiting, one of my friends joined me and we decided to order a Tapenade and Goat Cheese Bruschetta. It was a great mix of flavours. While we were waiting for the third friend to arrive, we ordered a Twist, which is  a watermelon and orange drink. I was not a big fan of orange based drinks until this, It was simply out of the world! Please don't miss this drink.




Gulping down our drinks we ordered our main course, as we had been joined by the third member of the party. I ordered the Sach of the Day, while my friends picked Grilled Chicken with Mashed potatoes (name which I am unable to re-collet) and Penne Arrabiata. The Grilled chicken was a smasher. The mashed potatoes had no clumping and I would definitely order them the next time. The Penne Arrabiata was perfect with fresh tomatoes. One of the best Arrabiata's I have had in a very long time. Finally my dish the Sach of the Day, which had lamb shanks with roasted carrots and potatoes. The Lamb was so ........!! I have no words to describe it. It just came right of the bone. Taste was just divine. By the end of the main course I was too stuffed to try the dessert, while my friends who had an appointment later in the evening also left without trying those delicacies. But still an awesome dine-out!

Ambiance:
Lovely, welcoming upmarket dinning space with a simply sooperb view of the glass kitchen. To top this, there is ample car parking available. 

Service:
Service wise,  I feel there is  room for improvement. The waiters did seem a little confused and they stood chatting in a group.

Price:
This meal for 3 cost us Rs 2250/- for the best european meal I have had in a very long time. Hats off to the chefs. Loved the food! 

Food - 8.5/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Service - 7/10
Price - 7.5/10

Basil Twist is located in Habibullah road which is the road adjacent to the Haji Ali in T-Nagar.


If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment