26/01/2014

Sandy's, Austin Nagar, Alwarpet - Version 2.0



Loads of people have told me, that my blog seems to be mostly as  non-veggie's delight. People have complained stating that the blog has very little to offer the veggies. So I have taken a step and had a all veggie lunch at a Non-Veggies food paradise, namely Sandy's.


Food:
To start off the veg innings, we had French Fries. It was more of Chilli French Fries, served with tomato ketchup. An absolute bliss, definite diet for people in depression. Works well, Cures all ailments. Since Sandesh warned us that the main course could be huge by itself and we would not be able to finish it, we moved to the mains.



For the mains my friend ordered 3 Cheese Ravioli while I stuck to tried and tested Penne with Arrabbiata Sauce. 3 Cheese Ravioli was simply fabulous and reminded me of the time when I had dined at Fresca. The Ravioli is best eaten in one piece, I would not advice you to cut it down as the cheese oozes out. The entire goodness of the dish is lost.  Also point to note is that the portion can be quite small for some people like me.


The Penne with Arrabbiata Sauce is loaded with veggies such as tomato & broccoli. Every bite brings out the richness of the fresh tomato  which is the highlight of the dish. This is definitely a full portion even by my standards. One should feel stuffed after consuming just that.


After mains, we contemplated on having another round of mains, but then the desserts were really inviting so we moved ahead and ordered a Tiramisu and Blackforrest jar delights. Tiramisu was nice, but I somehow missed the glass version of the same. I felt the old version contained a bit more moist than this.While the Blackforrest in a  jar was a definite first for me. It was chocolaty and delicious.

Sandy's is definitely a killer. When you are feeling low,  one visit here should help you out.

Ambiance:
The day I was here, they had somekind of outdoor event, so we had to dine inside. I really did not mind it as it was quite sunny.

Service:
A typical Sandys affair, very attentive.

Price:
Prices on the menu seem to have taken a small spike in the version 2.0. But the entire menu looks and feels new. No two dishes have the same meat in it. I definitely would go back to try some of the new non-veg additions
This meal for two cost us Rs 1450/- .

Food : 8/10
Ambiance: 7/10
Service: 8/10
Price : 7/10

Sandy's Austin Nagar is located behind Mainland China, Cenataph Road.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment