15/11/2012

Classic Fast Foods, Taylors Road



There are days when you crave for some biryani and when you do not get a tasty one, that can be so disappointing. I was at Thrissur a few days ago with a company of people who tempted me by saying 'Saffaire' serves up one of the best Kerala Biryani. To my bad luck, only chicken biryani was the available then and the taste of it was a little off. So on returning to Chennai, I had only one thing on my mind, wipe off that taste and have a good Briyani.  After some thinking and persuading, I decided to buy biryani for dinner. at home The place I selected was Classic Fast Food. I had sampled the biryani here a few months ago and  had liked the taste,  so I wanted to introduce the others in my family to it.

Food:
Since we were five hungry members, I had picked up 4 Mutton Biryani and 1 Chicken Biryani for the chicken lover and also a Tandoori Chicken. The tandoori chicken was well marinated and grilled, imparting a good flavor to it.  Good show! But the biryani on the other end was a total disappointment. It was spicy like as though it was loaded with red chili powder. The rice lacked the quality and the aromas which would go with a biryani. It seemed as though both chicken and mutton biryanis came from the same pot with only the pieces added as an after thought. Atleast the chicken pieces were edible, where as the mutton was totally undercooked and chewy. In fact  I felt that even the biryani at Kerala was much better than this. Also one of the Mutton Biryani had pieces of stone in it. (see picture above. Ughhh!)

Lesson learnt: Do not buy biryani from  substandard places.

Ambiance:
This is a small potti kadai, so dont expect much in terms of ambiance. Can get smokey occasionally since both kitchen and dining hall are interconnected.

Price:
A portion of Mutton Biryani is priced at Rs 120/- which is almost in par with restaurants which have A/C dinning. The pricing seems ridiculous when compared to other restaurants, I can opt for a proper restaurant for these prices.

Food - 3/10
Ambiance - 2/10 ( Road side shop )
Price - 3/10

Classic Fast Food is located in Taylors Road next to Tandoori Tadkka.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment