31/08/2014

Dawn and Dusk - Night Food Delivery


Having had FoodyCall as my staple night time food delivery service, I decided to have a little change. I went about surfing the internet to see the other available options.  After careful filtering, I saw Dawn and Dusk. It used to be my goto delivery service way before the plethora of options, came into existence. They had a revamped menu card of course, which looked eye catching. So having spent considerable time going through the menu, I set my heart and tummy on what I wanted to eat. After placing my order, I waited.


Food:
As I had mentioned  earlier, my regular order at a Night Food Delivery service usually has a Burger in it. So I picked the Sloppy Joe Chicken Burger. Since I was really hungry, I ordered a Devil Chicken Wings and finally Chicken Parmigiana. After about 1 hour of wait, my food arrived. Thankfully, the food was warm due to the nice containers. After spending a few minutes clicking the shots, I went about doing the job of digging into the food.



The Devil Chicken Wings, was the way I had imagined it. A little on the charred side, but yeah it tasted fine. Very very similar to what I have had at Gallopin Gooseberries. Moving on the Sloppy Joe Burger, I had my doubts, if my burger had indeed been mixed with the Chilli Billy Burger. The burger failed to match the description of the dish which was mentioned on the menu. Then again I was really hungry I dived into it. The chicken patty was really thin, compared to many other take away joints. Pitting it next to FoodyCall or even Shaack patty makes this look anaemic. Leaving the size aside, the bun was perfect, did not crumble away. So that is a tick. The French Fries were a little soggy by the time I ate them, but then I was prepared for that.  Finally I bit into the Chicken Parmigiana. I had high hopes on this dish. Crumb fried chicken topped with Italian Tomato Sauce and Cheese. Crumb fried chicken that was a tick, tomato sauce - that seemed to have dried out but still liked what remained so thick, finally the cheese on top - nope, it was a disappointment. One sample bite of it and you knew they had skimped on the quality of the cheese. A better quality of the cheese would have definitely helped in lifting the flavours.

Service:
Time elapsed from order to deliver - 1hour and 15mins. Not as fast as the other options which i have had recently. But then again, with the spell of rains, roads being really bad, I can excuse this delay.

Price:
The price paid for these 3 dishes was Rs 672. Of which 60 rupees was charged as a delivery charge. I am not knit picking on the delivery charge. The prices of petrol are really high these days and finding help to deliver is another aspect, so I think it is alright.

Food - 7/10
Service - 7/10
Price - 7/10

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places.

No comments:

Post a Comment