29/08/2013

The Residency, Park Sheraton, T.T.K Road - The Buffet


The same bunch of undergrad batchmates who dined at 601, decided to catch up once again for dinner. Basically we wanted to gossip and catch up on news.  So under the pretext of a get-together we met  for dinner. As usual none of us settled on a particular place. We even entered a star hotel and then decided against it and escaped to Park Sheraton to finally dine at The Residency.

Its been a while since I dined at The Residency say maybe in 2003. So after a 10 year hiatus, I was here for a dinner.




Food:
Since Park Sheraton is known for the best service and amazing food, I had high hopes. I sure was not disappointed. The meal at Residency is more towards Indian cuisine. The restaurant was practically empty with few tables occupied. We chose a nice corner seat and settled in.




The meal started with Fish Fry, Vegetable Stir Fry and Dahi Poori being served at the table. The fish fry was decent, a very Indianized fish fry. No complaints! While the Vegetables Stir Fry and the Dahi Poori were kick-@$$. Inspite of being a through breed of non-veggies we liked the Vegetable Stir Fry. Dahi Poori was rich and fantastic. Since we liked all three we asked for another round of the same. This time around, the Fish fry turned up in another avatar as Grilled Fish with Tartar sauce. This was even better than the Indianized version.



While the others were binging on the starters on the table. I moved over to check out the Salads and Soup. I tried the Roast Chicken Salad, Tuna and the Chicken Salami. A big thumbs up to all the three. For the soup I opted for Chicken Clear Soup, since it was the only non-veg soup while the veggies had the Sweet Corn Soup. The Chicken Clear Soup was fabulous, neat soup, very much reminded me of the soup my mom makes.


In-between the soup my friend had asked for the Dhal and Rajma to be served with Lacha Parotta at the table. The Parotta was crispy and was fabulous with the Dhal. The Rajma was not to my liking, but the company seemed to like the Rajma.


I was feeling a little full at this point, so I stuck only to the non-veg portion of the main course while the others tried a few veg dishes such as the Paneer. The main course was a non-veggies paradise. It had all the common suspects as part of the menu. Of the lot I loved the Beef Tenderloin, Murgh Makani and the Chili Prawns. We chose to have them with the Butter Naan. Butter Naan and the Beef Tenderloin was the best. Amazing combo. If the beef is not up your alley, then the Murgh Makani was supremely rich. A big thumbs!


After stuffing myself with the main course, I had hardly any space to have the desserts. I restricted myself to trying a few of them. There was atleast 30 different desserts with 6 different types of Ice Cream plus the toppings. I loved the Ice Creams and the Warm Chocolate Pudding plus the Mango Cake. We were also served with Hot Jelabi on the table. All very top notch. There were some dishes which were not upto the mark. But seeing the entire spread as one, I bet you would love it all.This must be one the best buffet I have had in a while. Worth every buck spent.

Ambiance:
Inspite of the hotel being well over a decades. Every little piece of the restaurant has been maintained spic and span. Another big plus is the live music which is part of the restaurant, which everyone seemed to enjoy.

Service:
Top Notch!

Price:
A buffet is priced at Rs 1610/- for a person after taxes. Worth every buck.

Food - 8/10
Ambiance - 8/10
Service - 8/10
Price - 8/10

The Residency is located inside the Park Sheraton on T.T.K Road, Alwarpet.

If you like what you are reading, Please share it with others.

*A review about a place holds good only for 6 months as there can be a change in quality and quantity of the food, the service and the staff, due to reasons best known only to them. So kindly consider these factors while visiting the places

No comments:

Post a Comment